With age comes wisdom… and wrinkles. If you’ve started the long, bloody battle against wrinkles, you’re in the right place. Fighting wrinkles can be both emotionally and financially distressing. There’s an endless supply of so-called “miracle” products out there that claim to be able to banish wrinkles in just a few uses. Some of these products don’t work at all. Others may work but cost a small fortune or subject your skin to mystery chemicals and ingredients. Not fun. Today I want to share with you a homemade anti-wrinkle cream that is inexpensive, free of unpronounceable chemicals, and effective.
This homemade wrinkle cream is about to become your secret (or not-so secret, feel free to share it!) weapon in the wrinkle war.
Homemade Anti-Wrinkle Cream – Grapefruit Scented
If you’re skeptical about this homemade anti-wrinkle cream, just take a look at the ingredients. The “largest” ingredient is Shea butter. Shea butter is great for skin. It acts as a moisturizer and natural barrier against your environment. Plus, it has great anti-aging qualities. LIVESTRONG.COM says, “Shea butter has been used for centuries as a wrinkle reducer. In a clinical study done by Frank Renard, Ph.D., shea butter was found to have significant antiaging properties and was proven to help rebuild and rejuvenate collagen. Participants in this study were given shea butter to use as a balm to massage on their skin for four to eight months. The results showed clearer, brighter skin; less wrinkles; and even less sun damage.”
The next biggest ingredient in this homemade anti-wrinkle cream is coconut oil. Also, coconut oil is used in countless DIY beauty treatments, including this homemade wrinkle cream, because of how great it is for your skin. Coconut oil is great for treating both acne and wrinkles. So right out of the gate this homemade anti-wrinkle cream is packing two power-house ingredients.
Homemade Anti-Wrinkle Cream Ingredients
- 1/4 Cup raw Shea butter
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet almond oil
- 5 drops therapeutic grade grapefruit essential oil
- and 5 drops therapeutic grade frankincense essential oil
- 5 drops therapeutic grade lavender essential oil
You will also need:
Small mixing bowl
4 oz glass jar
Homemade Anti-Wrinkle Cream Step 1
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine Shea butter, coconut oil, and sweet almond oil.
Homemade Anti-Wrinkle Cream Step 2
2. Add essential oils then using a hand mixer with just one attachment, whip ingredients together for about 8 minutes or until light and fluffy.
Homemade Anti-Wrinkle Cream Step 3
3. Scoop homemade anti-wrinkle cream into a 4 oz. glass jar.
1. To avoid contamination, wash your hands.
2. Scoop a very small amount of homemade wrinkle cream out of the jar.
3. Warm it up in your palm.
4. Apply homemade anti-wrinkle cream to wrinkles.
Homemade Anti-Wrinkle Cream Final
Please keep in mind that “raw” Shea butter does not contain any preservatives and will “spoil” over time. This means you don’t want to make any more homemade anti-wrinkle cream than you’ll use within 30-60 days.
In addition to this homemade wrinkle cream, I also recommend checking out this homemade anti-aging face mask.